Directive 2005/36/EC in practice
24. December 2013 0 Comment
The recognition of professional qualifications is defined in Directive 2005/36/EC.
- The directive provides for a special scheme for temporary mobility. In such situations, professionals can in principle work on the basis of a declaration made in advance.
- The directive also applies to professionals wishing to establish themselves in an EU country:
- as an employed or self-employed person
- on a permanent basis
- other than that in which they obtained their professional qualifications
- Three systems for the recognition of qualifications
The directive sets out three systems for the recognition of qualifications:
- The directive also includes provisions on knowledge of languages and professional and academic titles (see the Code of conduct and the User Guide )